A mobile phone is one of the most used gadgets, and it has become a necessity in many people’s lives. The phone plays an essential role in communication, entertainment, research, accessing essential services, and other helpful functionality. Unfortunately, not all people in the U.S can afford a phone.
Therefore to meet the communication needs of the people who can’t access a phone, the government has come up with a program to help them fulfill their digital needs. The government is working together with cell phone providers to provide free phones, tablets, laptops to needy people.
And among the many phone providers, TruConnect assures a free tablet when you qualify. Through TruConnect, you’ll be able to get the TruConnect free tablet.
How Does TruConnect Works With Lifeline Program
TruConnect has a more straightforward model you can use to access its services. Here is how TruConnect works in the lifeline program:
1. Enroll Lifeline Program
First, you have to enroll in the lifeline program. Applying is easy, and you can do it online quickly. However, you can also apply by mail if you prefer. While applying, you have to enter general information that entails your name, SSN, and date of birth. You will also need some documents to show proof that you are qualified for the ACP or Lifeline benefit.
2. Approval and activation
When TruConnect approves your application, they will send you a free tablet and the SIM card free of charge. Your phone will come with instructions to follow to start using the service.
Once you receive the gadget, you can immediately start using it. You can utilize the other TruConnect services provided to you every month. With this provider, you will get a monthly unlimited package of text, talk, and data of up to 14GB each month.
4. TruConnect Lifeline
TruConnect is a subset of the federal government lifeline program that gives low-income households subsidized services and products to cater to their digital needs like communication. The program accepts applications in more than 36 states and other areas like Puerto.
To be registered in this program, you must be eligible. The qualified low-income individual gets a TruConnect free tablet and monthly cellphone services.
Just like other conditions stipulated in other phone providers, as a TruConnect customer, you must qualify in terms of income and household limit. In this program, the application for the free tablet is very different from the free monthly phones services.
Therefore, if you need both services, you will have to make two applications, one for the phone and the other for the monthly services.
How to Get TruConnect free Tablet
Below is the complete guide to getting your TruConnect free tablet.
Checking your eligibility
- The first step is to check if you are eligible to be enrolled in the lifeline program. The conditions in this program are very clear. Here are the requirements:
- You or one of your family members must be a member of at least one government social help program.
- Your household income should meet the federal poverty line guidelines, which should be below the poverty line, which is 135% depending on the size of your household.
- No household member is already using the lifeline benefits.
Here are some of the federal programs that TruConnect uses to evaluate your eligibility;
- Section 8 or Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veteran and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Multiple Tribal Assistance Programs and many more
Application for TruConnect free tablet
After you have confirmed that you are eligible for TruConnect free tablet, go ahead and make the application. The two main methods used in this program include an online application and form filling and sending via mail. Now let’s look at how you can apply using these methods.
- Form filling method;
You have to visit the TruConnect nearby store or their official website to fill out the form. Then you will have to fill in all the information and submit the application through mail or in person to the nearest TruConnect store. With this method, your application can take two to five business days to be approved.
- TruConnect Online application;
It is another easy method that you can apply for TruConnect lifeline just at your home. You can visit the TruConnect official website and make the application there. Click the lifeline menu and scroll down to the application section on the home page.
- You will then enter your zip code and email address and click apply now.
- Next, you will have the application form which you will have to answer the questions asked correctly and fill in the required information. After providing the information in section 1, you have to submit it and go to the next section.
- The program enrollment information section will require basic information like your name, address, and other information.
- You will also have to create your four-digit security pin and make sure you follow the guidelines.
- In section two, you will have to select how you need to be qualified.
- Then in the next section, you have to choose the plan.
- Once you choose the plan, a form will show the free phones or discounted available phones. You can select the phone, or the TruConnect tablet you feel is good for you and click next.
- You will have to read the disclosures information, check the agreement as indicated in section three, and click next.
- Section 4 is the last step where you will upload your proof document and finalize everything before you submit your application.
After you submit your application successfully, you will receive information like below.
How to Get TruConnect Free Data
On top of the free phone, you can get free phone plans through TruConnect. The freephone plans are given under the affordable connectivity program, which provides connectivity services to low-income households.
You will need to answer some questions and prove you are enrolled in the program to qualify. The eligibility criteria are based on the income and the assistance program you belong to.
Some of the programs used for this application include:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- National School Lunch Program
- Federal Pell Grant
Once you are qualified in the TruConnect lifeline program, you can access the free phone services. However, to use the services, you will need to apply for them.
Some of the free services that you will get includes:
- Free international calls
- Unlimited text, talk, and up to 14 GB of data
- Mobile hotspot device which comes with unlimited data.
How to Apply for the TruConnect Free Data
You will get the successful information below when you submit your application successfully. To apply for the free phone services, you will have to click the Get 8 GB more – free button.
- You will get a form with three sections that you will have to fill in the required information. In section one, you will provide your basic personal information.
- In section two, you will have to select the plan you want.
- Then select the program you what to be used to be qualified with.
- Then here, you will select the EBB unlimited package you want.
- In the third section, you will have to verify your identity. To do so, click the let go button.
- A new window from the lifeline national verifies will open, where you will have to fill in all the required information.
- Once you fill in the information successfully, you will get a welcome page. Since you had already filled in the benefit information when applying for the free phone, you will go to the emergence broadband benefit program section and click get started.
- You will choose the program you are member.
After finishing the verification process, go back to section three of your application and click continue to complete and submit your application.
Part 3: Approval; Part three of getting the TruConnect free tablet is the approval stage. TruConnect will check your application, and if you meet the requirement, you will be approved. You will get free phone and monthly phone plans. Your phone or tablet will be sent to the address you give on the application process, or you can visit the nearest store and collect the phone in person.
How to Renewal TruConnect Plans
You must renew your participation in the TruConnect program yearly. Failure to renew your membership you will be disconnected from the program. You can follow the following steps to renew your membership. On the homepage of the TruConnect website, click the lifeline menu and then scroll up to renew your services section and click the renew Choose the state you are coming from and click renew now to renew your services.
- Then on the pop up form, click let’s go.
- Then you will have to log in to renew your participation in the TruConnect Lifeline program.
- Managing your TruConnect account or phone.
- To manage your TruConnect account or your phone is straightforward. TruConnect has an app called MyTruConnect app that you can use to manage your account or your phone.
- You will manage your data usage, renew your plans, update your information, and many other functionalities with the app. With the app also, you can use to get some rewards from TruConnect, which you can use as top-ups.
- To get the app go to the google app store or the play store and search for My TruConnect and install it on your phone.
Tips on getting a Free Tablet with TruConnect
To increase the chance of getting the TruConnect free table, you have to make sure that you provide truthful information and document for proof. The application can be made online, and it is very simple; however, if you cannot get a phone to apply, you can go to the nearest library to access a computer and make the application.
If you cannot access the library or get a phone even from friends to make the application, then you will have to visit the nearest TruConnect physical store and make the application there.
TruConnect is one of the providers in the lifeline program that offer a free phone plan through a simplified application process. The registration is simple, and even if you are stuck, they have reliable customer care personnel whom you can reach to assist you.
The good thing with this provider is that they have the best deals for the free phones and the monthly services that you can enjoy. You can follow the above application process and get your TruConnect free tablet if you are qualified.
Read Our Best Articles
- How to Receive Free Phones Online Without Credit Card
- How To Get a Cintex Wireless Free iPhone
- How to Activate a Metropcs Phone for Free