Most people think owning a smartphone; specifically, a tablet for that matter, is a luxury. But, this isn’t true. A tablet is very different from a basic smartphone due to its functionality. Having a good phone that can do everything a computer can is like a jackpot in these digital times. Mostly, students, workers, and any other person need a tablet to do various things.
Unfortunately, not everyone can afford a tablet. If you aren’t financially stable, don’t think of buying a tablet because it will likely leave you with nothing. But, thanks to the government, people can now get free tablets through the Lifeline program.
In this program, the government funds the telecommunication company to provide free phones, tablets, laptops, and other telecommunication services to low-income individuals or households.
One of the active participants’ telecommunication companies in this program is Safelink Wireless. The company is committed and available in several states to provide its services to low-income families who cannot afford the services. Here if you read this post to the end, you will find out how you can get Safelink free tablet at no cost step by step.
Safelink Wireless Government Lifeline
Safelink Wireless is one of the best and most popular telecommunication companies, with more than 225 million clients worldwide. The company is a subsidiary of a wireless telecom company TracFone. Safelink Wireless is now dependent and has its services and products.
The company mostly deals with individuals enrolled in government lifeline programs. They provide the service, including Safelink free tablet, to the eligible household in the programs.
Since the company is a pay-as-you-go carrier and offers free and discounted unlimited minutes, text messages, data, phones, and tablets, if you need any of these services or are experiencing difficulty accessing the services, you can get one from them.
Once you qualify, the process is very simple; you will have to make an application, provide the document required for proof, and finally, receive the service and start using them.
Free Tablets from Safelink Wireless
In this program, telecommunication companies and retailers are registered to provide the gadgets and services to people. Though you cannot get a tablet manufactured by the Safelink Wireless company, they can get the free tablet and provide it to the qualified individual in the program. Therefore with Safelink Wireless, you will be able to stand the chance of owning a tablet.
They source the tablets from different brands; therefore, you might get your favorite tablet brand. The company’s main agenda is to make sure that the low-income individuals get high-quality telecommunication services like the other high-class citizen but at no cost or a discounted price.
Note that you will get a Safelink free tablet through third part sources since the company they do not produce their tablet.
Here are some of the tablets or brands of tablets that you will get through the Safelink wireless:
- Apple 12-9 Inch Pad Pro
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2
- Apple iPad- space Gray (8th Generation)
- LG G Pad 5- 4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 8″ Fire HD 10 Tablet
Safelink Lifeline Program is Available in the Different States
Safelink Wireless services are available in most states in the US. Here are some of the states which are already benefiting from the program;
|Arizona||District of Columbia||Georgia||Louisiana||Massachusetts|
|New Hampshire||New York||Ohio||Puerto Rico||South Carolina|
|New Jersey||North Carolina||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
To know if the program is available in your state, visit the Safelink Wireless official website, enter your area code, and click start.
How To Eligible For Safelink Wireless Free Tablet
The process of getting free tablets from safe link wireless is very simple. Below are the steps you have to follow to get the Safelink free tablet.
1. Check your eligibility
Before you make the application, you have to check if you are eligible or not. In this program, for you to be enrolled, you must pass the eligibility test, which includes:
- You are qualified if you are a member of the emergency broadband benefit program
- You are qualified if your household income is below the federal poverty level rule, 135%.
- If you had significant wage loss due to the Covid pandemic or are unemployed.
- If you are a participant in at least one federal government assistance program.
Here are some of the assistance programs that can make you qualified in the Safelink program if, for instance, you are coming from California;
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- National School Lunch Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Women, Infants and Children Program
- Greater Avenues for Independence
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity program
- Food Distribution Aid
- Tribal TANF
- Income on Head Start
Also, for instance, if you are coming from California, here is the house income base on the number of members in your household.
|Household size||Income limits|
|Each additional member||Add|
2. Documents Require to Apply for Safelink Lifeline Program
On the application process, there are documents that you would be required to submit. Therefore before you start applying for the Safelink tablet, prepare the documents to make the process easier and faster.
Some of the proof documents that you would require to have and upload includes:
- A letter from at least one of the government assistant program
- Employment or unemployment proof
- Pension statement
- If you are a student, then a letter from your school can also be useful
- Resident document proof
- Income statement and many others.
When making the application, you can scan the documents or take a photo with your phone and then upload them as proof to the required section. Also, while making the application, if you are stuck, you can get help from customer services;
Therefore, do not hesitate to call the number provided on the official website. Those near the Safelink Wireless office can visit and make the application in person in the office.
How to Applying for a Safelink Wireless free Tablet
Apply after making sure you meet the requirements and conditions provided. Now let’s look at the step-by-step procedure that you will follow to complete the application;
- Step 1: Visit the official website of safelink and enter your state code and click start; then, you will be presented with a form that you will require to enter your details. The first section requires you to provide your personal information. After filling in all the details required, you can click the continue button.
- Step 2: Next, you will be required to enter your residential address. Make sure you provide a valid address because this is the address used to ship the gadget to you.
- Step 3: You have to provide information about the household through the lifeline household sheet, where you would be expected to provide the required information. Click answer household questions to answer the yes and no questions.
- Step 4: You will have to click no, yes; however, if you click yes, the application will be terminated, but if you click yes, you will proceed to the next step.
- Step 5: For the next question, you should select yes or no; however, if you click yes, in the next step, you will be required to fill in information about the household member. If you click no, you will be taken to the next page to confirm the information you provided and click continue to fill the other information.
- Step 6: If you select the yes button, you will have to select the people you live with and click continue.
- Step 7: Here, you will be required to confirm the information you have provided and then click the e-sign and continue button.
- Step 8: Then, after this step, you will be required to provide the needed information about your eligibility for the device you want, submit the proof and then confirm the information that you have provided and submit the application.
Important Tips to Consider When Applying to Safelink Wireless free Tablet
When applying for Safelink Wireless, you have to provide the correct information to prevent any cancellation. zNote that even when you are doing the application providing a false security pin or your physical address can prevent you from continuing with the application until you provide the correct information.
The application used to make this application check and confirm if it is correct or false information you have provided. Therefore for you to qualify, please make sure you provide honest information.
After you have made your application successful, it will be upon the administration of the Safelink lifeline administration to check and confirm your application. The process can take up to 30 days. However, you can contact them through the customer care service line to confirm the status of your application.
Not that the qualification criteria or the requirements in this program vary from one state to another; therefore, to be sure about what is needed and what requirements can make your application approved, then visit the official website and enter your area code to know how exactly how you will go about the application process.
Safelink Wireless is one of the best Lifeline providers that offers people free phones and other internet services. Since the tablet has become a critical gadget for study or work purposes, it’s thus a must-have device. So, consider applying for Safelink wireless free tablet and enjoy its best functionalities.
Discover Relevant Topics
- How Do I Get a Free iPhone With EBB Program
- How To Get a Qlink Wireless Free Phone
- How to Send Free Text Messages Online