Sports are not like movies or music. One thing for sure is that Sports fans are hardcore fans. And they don’t just watch it for entertainment. They are fanatics, die-hard supporters of the various teams they vouch for.
If you belong in this lot, then you may as well know that streaming sports, no matter what kind, is not as cheap, especially when it comes to the major games. But the good news is that you don t have to pay for it all the time. How would you like to know that there are actually free sports streaming sites? Check them out below.
Keep This In Mind
Before you log into any website, make sure you are safe. You are better off using a VPN if you have your doubts. Some sites are chronic platforms for malvertising and dishonest links, especially through their ads.
These are links that corrupt your network. They trick you to open these links to hack into your data or make you download a file you never wanted to. Beware of these tricks disguised as “X-boxes” on page overlays or “enable notification”.
The Best Free Sports Streaming Sites
The good news is that there are actually legit sports streaming sites you are sure of safety and don’t have to worry about clicking links that will trick you. You just need to find them. We have done the research for you in this article. Check it out.
SportsSurge is one of the best sites to stream sports all day and all night long. And this includes some of the most popular sports such as basketball, football, boxing, and soccer. The site has a great layout and user-friendly interface with detailed schedules that allow users access to multiple events, including previous games, current, and even the ones set for the future.
The quality is also quite awesome. You get to watch your favorites in HD and with the least ad interruptions. Multiple reviews online also praise their great customer support, which you can access anytime if need be.
- A wide variety of sports. You can watch football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, and golf.
- In addition to the big four American sports, you can also access international games worldwide.
- The app is easy to use and navigate through.
- There are no complicated menus or buttons.
- You can just go in and find whatever game you want to watch
- The picture quality is very good, with no buffering issues during playback or while using other apps while streaming a live game on SportsSurge.
- Some games are only available if you have a cable or satellite provider account. If not, some games may not be available at all.
2. Fox Sports Go
Next up is Fox Sports Go. If you’re a fan of the Fox Sports Channel, then you will be pleased to know that they have a site/ app you can access online and stream your favorite games anytime. All you need to know is the schedule and time of the events and games you want to watch.
Besides displaying the full schedule of sports events, the Fox Sports app allows you to add your favorite teams, players, and shows. It also features live streaming videos, the latest scores, players’ profiles, and other sports news and stories.
- Watch live sports, shows, and more on your computer, mobile device, and TV
- Catch up on the latest episodes of your favorite shows or watch entire seasons of must-see series.
- Watch major live events like the NFL Draft, Super Bowl, and World Series as they happen with Live Streaming.
- Live TV channel guide with single-click access to every game in progress.
- Complete digital video recorder (DVR) functionality to record games, then watch them later from any device.
- Live streaming of Fox Sports channels.
- Personalized watch list to track your favorite teams and leagues.
- Replays of live games and events, plus on-demand video highlights from the latest matches.
- Customizable alerts for game start times and breaking news.
- Only available in the U.S.
Some people like watching previous sports and gaming events, while others like to stream live and catch up with what’s happening in real time. If you are for the latter, then this site is your best go-to, just as the name suggests.
You don’t have to pay a cent to stream on Stream2Watch. And you don’t even have to create an account or register. All you have to do is visit the main site, check out the listings, click the links, and enjoy your live sports.
You can also make use of the schedule and search features on the site if you are looking for specific titles. Some perks you are set to enjoy include streaming international sports, access to various sports such as basketball, soccer, and football, a backup stream for every other sports event, and much more.
- Watch streaming videos from sources such as YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.
- Pause and resume video playback.
- Listen to music while browsing other websites.
- Auto-play the next video in a list.
- Simple user interface that’s easy to navigate through
- No registration required
- Access to a large library of titles- Stream unlimited HD quality videos.
- Allows you to download the videos so you can watch them offline
- No limits on how many times you can watch a movie or episode
- Some ads may appear, but you can disable them by upgrading to the premium version.
- Some shows may have limited availability or be unavailable for viewing in certain countries.
4. Peacock TV
PeacockTV is known for original programming, but also has a decent option for games and sports. This includes various sports from WWE, basketball, NFL, Premier League, and more.
While the free version is quite functional, you can go for the premium subscription if you want to elevate your experience. Other perks include its NBS sports content, which is exclusive, and multiple device compatibility.
On the downside, it has strict restrictions for VPNs and proxies. This means if you are not in the supported regions, you can’t have access whatsoever.
- It supports all video formats, including avi, mpg, MPEG, mp4, mov, and more.
- You can stream files from your PC to any DLNA-compatible device on your home network, such as Smart TVs, game consoles, etc.
- You can use the app to play music from your library or internet radio stations.
- The app is free to use, and there are no hidden fees.
- The app is available on all major platforms, including Android, iOS, FireTV, and Roku.
- You can play from a wide selection of games on Peacock TV.
- There are many categories of games, such as casinos, racing, card games, etc.
- There’s no way to record shows for later viewing — but this isn’t necessarily a con since most streaming services don’t have this capability.
5. Stream East
Stream East is one of the babies around the block. The upcoming site provides all things streaming sports. This means you can find just about any sports streaming events and tournaments you may want to watch including previous ones, present, and future lined-ups.
Some of their focus are baseball, football, boxing, soccer, basketball, hockey, and MMA. And you don’t have to register or create an account. Just visit the Stream East site and start browsing to find your favorites.
- Stream from the cloud or your hard drive
- Add, delete, and rename files in the stream
- Search for files in the stream or on your hard drive
- The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and you can cancel anytime without penalty.
- Easy to use interface.
- You can access your data anywhere worldwide as long as you have internet access.
- Live streaming from your desktop or webcam
- Record videos from your desktop or webcam
- Take screenshots from your desktop
- Good quality video.
- Some shows aren’t available in all countries
6. Pluto TV
Pluto TV may be known for a wide range of content but not sports. And while there might be limited sports selection, you are sure to stream some of the top leagues in various sports, including soccer, hockey, and basketball.
There are multiple reasons to stream on Pluto TV. This includes the high-quality user interface, multiple live channels, smooth streams playback, VPN friendly, and more. The only downside is their limited selection of games.
- Pluto TV has a wide range of content available on the platform. Some of the most popular genres of programming include:
- Lifestyle & Entertainment: A variety of programs to keep you entertained while you’re relaxing at home.
- Sports: Live events and highlights from around the world.
- News: Up-to-the-minute coverage on what’s happening in politics, entertainment, and more.
- Kids & Family: Shows for younger viewers with educational and entertaining content.
- No commercials or advertisements
- Live to stream all your favorite shows
- On-demand movies, TV episodes, and documentaries
- No contracts or commitments – Cancel any time
- On-demand movies and shows from top networks HBO Go, Showtime, Starz
- The selection of channels is somewhat limited compared to other free streaming services like Sling TV or PlayStation Vue.
Just by the name, you’d easily guess it right. The Footybite site is primarily for football lovers, allowing you to stream from the previous games to the present, and even see the scheduled ones yet to happen. It covers a wide array of leagues and tournaments when it comes to international football.
And while it focuses on the major leagues, it also efficiently caters to other more obscure matches. This means it satisfies fans who are all for the England and Spain top leagues as well as those who are into Ukraine and Croatia leagues.
- The site offers a wide range of sports content, including football, basketball, tennis, and other popular sports.
- It has a huge collection of live streams from all over the world, including the US, UK, and Australia.
- You can find some of your favorite games on the website, such as Super Bowl, NBA Finals, and Wimbledon, among others
- No more manual scoring – FootyBite automatically compiles all of your team’s stats into one place
- Easy to use interface, even for people new to fantasy sports.
- Support 60fps video quality for most games
- Easy navigation
- Good quality video streams with fast loading speeds
- Only supports AFL games AFL, NRL, NFL, and NBA soon
- Some premium features are not available for free users
While sportstream.tv is not one of the most popular sites in its niche, it is most definitely one of the best free sports streaming sites that you can rely on for a wide range of sports and events including basketball, football, hockey, golf, and more.
The layout and user interface are friendly. It is not completely ad-free, but the home page doesn’t have pop-up ads, so you can freely and conveniently browse and navigate the different listings with no interruptions.
You should also probably know that it doesn’t host the games and sports events on the site. Rather, it indexes these games from other sources, which it sends its users.
One major downside to the site is that there isn’t a search feature. This means you have no way to go directly to a specific gaming event you wish. The only option is to browse the already listed games.
- Over 2,000 live sporting events per year.
- Live streams of football, basketball, baseball, and other sports in high definition.
- No need to download any software or apps–watch anywhere and anytime on your device.
- Great selection of live streaming sports events from around the world.
- The website is very easy to use.
- The platform allows you to watch live sports events for free.
- It has a huge collection of sports channels and events from all over the world.
- The service does not work with all streaming devices, so you may need to buy a new one if you want to use SportStream TV.
Cricfree may sound more like the site is all about cricket, right? Well, that is not quite the case. While you can stream all the cricket games you want on the site, you are also sure to stream other games, including football, basketball, ice hockey, and more.
It also provides access to TV channels such as BT Sports, Sky Sports, and Fox Sports. Don’t expect a massive range like other TV channels. However, you are still set for some of the most popular options and top tournaments.
Cricfree may seem a little bland, but once you get started, it is quite simple and intuitive. And the best feature is the chat box where you can interact with other fans watching the live games. It may not be the most functioning, but it still works.
- Wide variety of channels
- Live to stream
- High-quality videos
- Frequent updates
- No credit card required
- Unlimited downloads
- Free registration is required with no hidden charges or subscription fees
- Wide variety of sports available, including football, cricket, hockey, rugby, etc.
- No registration required
- Live scores are updated regularly throughout the day for each match being played
- Easy-to-use interface
- No support for Chromecast yet
- Not available in countries like Australia
10. Facebook Watch
You probably already know that Facebook is not the best video streaming service, especially when it comes to free sports streaming sites. However, its Facebook Watch feature is quite functional.
While there aren’t vast options, fans can still find quite decent sports events, tournaments, and even major leagues, including football and basketball games. Just watch out not to stream content from other users on the platform as this could go against the Facebook Watch terms and conditions.
- Live streams: View live events from your favorite teams, such as sports games.
- Shows: Watch episodes from favorite shows like The Walking Dead or Saturday Night Live with friends and family.
- Channels: Subscribe to channels that interest you, such as CNN or ESPN. These channels will send notifications when new content is available for viewing.
- Instant video recommendations
- Personalized recommendations based on your interests and viewing history.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Notifications when you’re mentioned in a comment or mentioned in a post.
- Watching videos with friends is easy; just tap the “join” button on the video and then select friends from your contacts list to watch together.
- Navigating through the app may be difficult.
This article has summarized 10 of the best free sports streaming sites. All you need to do is find your best one, or better still, your couple best ones and enjoy.
Remember, what you are looking for before choosing any of these sites is the type of games they stream, their feed and listings, ad intrusion, customer service, in case you need any sort of support, and most importantly, your own safety on these sites. Make sure they are not tracking your data and hacking into your device, especially if you are streaming with your phone or computer.
Explore Related Posts
- Best Ways To Get Netflix Free Trial
- The 10 Best Netflix Alternatives But Free
- How To Stream Local Channels Without Paying Much